I soooo love chick peas!Â Also known as garbanzo beans and chi-chi beans.Â Why do they have so many names?Â I have no idea.Â I just know that they are yummy in any form.Â My adorable, little Italian grandma used to buy me these little jars of dried chi-chi and fava beans when I was a little girl, and so did my mom.Â So I grew up loving to snack on these.Â This recipe takes me back to those days.Â â™¥Â (I miss my grandma!)
Anyways.Â These are SOOO easy to make.Â There is a video tutorial at the bottom.Â Be sure to check that out for full step-by-step instructions.
Here’s the gist of it:
You’ll need these:
- Can(s) of garbanzo beans
- olive oil
- cookie sheet
- Open your can(s) of garbanzo beans and pour into a strainer.Â Drain and rinse them off thoroughly.
- Pour the beans onto a dish or paper towels and dry them as good as you can with paper towels.
- Lay them on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, and make sure they are in a single layer.Â You don’t want them on top of each other.
- Spray lightly with olive oil, and salt.
- Bake in your oven on 400Âº for about 40 minutes.Â Keep checking on them to be sure they don’t burn.Â They will turn a darker golden color.
- When they are done, remove from oven, and pour into a bowl.Â Salt again if needed.Â You can also use pepper or other seasonings, like cayenne.Â I prefer mine just salted though.
- Do not place in airtight container or baggies, or they will turn mushy.
Here’s my video tutorial: