These are one of my very favorite sweet treats.Â I don’t really know what to call them, so I call them cracker candy.Â The remind me of Heath bars, with the crunchy, nutty, toffee.Â So yummy!!
And they are so EASY to make, too!
All you need is:
- Saltine crackers (about 3 sleeves)
- 1 Cup ButterÂ (I make my own – click here to learn how to make butter in 10 minutes!)
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Almonds (optional)
Just follow these easy steps:
- Preheat oven to 350Âº
- Place butter & brown sugar in saucepan on stove.Â Boil for about 5-6 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- While you’re waiting for that to boil, cover a couple of cookie sheets with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray and lay out your crackers so they are touching each other.
- After the butter & sugar is done, drizzle it all over the crackers (do this quickly before the mixture hardens).Â Spread all over the crackers.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips all over the crackers, and then the almonds.
- Place in oven for about 6-8 minutes, or until you see it starting to bubble.
- Remove from oven.Â Let cool completely. I place mine in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process. (I’m impatient)
- Break into chunks and store in an airtight sealed container.
Enjoy!!Â These are SO addicting!