I was sent a case of 11 different flavors of Lentil, Hummus, and Pomegranate chips to review from Simply 7. What can I say, blogging and reviewing is a tough job but someone’s got to do it, right?
I was SO excited to try these snacks. I love anything lentil, and the hummus and pomegranate chips sounded really good to me too. We’ve been trying to eat much healthier lately, and I was excited to try these healthy version of “chips”. Let me tell you – they did NOT disappoint! Holy deliciousness, batman!
As soon as this case came in, I tore right into the box. It arrived at about 9am, and it was my breakfast and I didn’t care. I looked through all the flavors and as soon as I saw the Bruschetta Classic Italian lentil chips I did a quick check to make sure there was no cheese in it (you know, my cheese phobia!) and dove right into the bag. I took my first bite, and it was seriously like a party in my mouth. I just don’t know how else to describe it any better. It had all the spices and flavors of everything italian and the flavors just exploded when you bit into them. These are, HANDS DOWN, the best chips I’ve ever tried in my life. I’d rather have these than any potato chip on the market, I kid you not. I had the entire bag gone in about an hour. (Hangs head in shame). And, I was sad when it was gone. I’ve been craving more Bruschetta lentil chips ever since. I must get my hands on some more very quickly. I just may be ordering a case of them on Amazon or something, because I need more of these, stat!
Next I tried the Sea Salt lentil chips. They were delicious, too! Light, crispy, with just a hint of salt – not overpowering at all. I could easily snack on these regularly.
Chris tried the White Cheddar Pomegranate chips (which I won’t try due to my cheese phobia) and at first he crinkled up his nose, expecting not to like them. He said the combination of pomegranate and cheese didn’t sound very appealing. But he tried them anyways. I watched his face slowly uncrinkle, and his eyebrows raise, and then he said “wow, these are actually very good!” A couple handfuls later, and it’s safe to say, they were a hit with him.
We’ve tried all of them now, and while they were all good, my favorites were (clearly) the Bruschetta, Sea Salt, Tomato Basil Hummus, and Creamy Dill Lentil chips. Chris’s favorite were the White Cheddar, Sea Salt, Roasted Red Pepper, and Black Pepper.
We both liked the Sea Salt Hummus chips, but they had a strong garlic taste compared to the Sea Salt Lentil chips. And we both sadly agreed that we did NOT like the Dark Chocolate Pomegranate chips. I’m not much of a fan of dark chocolate to begin with, but I like it in some things. And Chris loves dark chocolate. But neither of us cared for it at all.
If you’re wondering where the “Simply7″ came from, here’s what you need to know:
- 0 Grams Trans Fat and No Cholesterol. We believe in eliminating the bad stuff, so there are no trans fats or cholesterol in our snacks
- No Artificial Colors or Flavors. Nature is beautiful and it tastes great! Why mess with perfection?
- No Additives or Preservatives. Preservatives add strange things to your food, things you shouldn’t have to eat. And if you can’t finish the bag before it goes bad, we are doing something wrong.
- Gluten Free Ingredients. Our chips are made with gluten free ingredients to help minimize allergy symptoms so you can perform at your best.
- All Natural Recipes. The closer it is to its original form, the purer it is and the better it is for you.
- Simple Ingredients. We believe you should be able to read an ingredient list and actually know what you are eating. We only offer snacks that have no unrecognizable or hard-to-pronounce ingredients.
- Simply Delicious. We believe you can balance healthiness with taste so we made our food taste good and be good for you. All of our snacks are deliciously wholesome. If it doesn’t taste good, why eat it?
Simply 7 is also giving away one CASE just like I received, to one Bargain Hound reader! Just fill out the Rafflecopter form below, to enter to win! US residents only, and this will run through 2/15. Good luck to everyone!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
UPDATE: I couldn’t stand it any longer, I had to buy more!! I just bought a case of Bruschetta for me, and a case of Sea Salt for Chris. There’s an $8 off coupon for these on Amazon, too, right now!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking these links you are supporting the Bargain Hound Blog. For product reviews I am sometimes given free product and/or payment in exchange for my honest opinions. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.