CLICK HERE for lots more of my DIY tutorials!!
I can’t stress enough how much I value my makeup wipes. Nothing removes makeup from my face as easily and gently as wipes. I do NOT like harsh chemicals on my face. I used to use Pond’s makeup wipes, until I discovered that Walmart’s Equate brand was the exact same thing, and worked just as well. A couple of years ago, I bought a “starter kit” at Walmart, and since then, I have just been buying the refills from Walmart and refilling the makeup wipes tub.
I was paying about $6 for two packages of 60 wipes (120 total), and now I’m paying about $1 by making them myself. And these are great because they can also be used as hand wipes, or even baby wipes.
Here’s what you need:
- Baby wash (I use Equate from Walmart) or your favorite face wash.
- Coconut oil.
- A roll of paper towels.
- Two cups of water.
- An airtight container.
- Cut a roll of paper towels in half, with a non-serrated knife. (otherwise, it will make a huge mess!)
- Add 2 cups of water to your airtight container.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of baby wash and about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the water. Stir!
- Place the 1/2 roll of paper towels into the water mixture, and smush it down to it.
- Place the lid on the container, and flip the container upside down.
- Leave for at LEAST 5 minutes.
- After at least 5 minutes has passed, flip the container back upright, and remove the lid.
- Pull out the inner cardboard tube from the center (it should pull right out).
- Pull out the first wipe from the center, and you’re done!
Here’s my step-by-step video: