This post is sponsored by Avoderm® and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Avoderm® Revolving Menu but Bargain Hound only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Avoderm is not responsible for the content of this article.
As you probably know by now, we have six dogs. Yes, that’s not a typo! Six. Five are Chihuahuas, and one is a Shi-htzu/Pomeranian furball. He’s the main one we wanted to try this food.
Sammy is almost 12 years old, and he’s really been dealing with a lot of health issues. He has tumors in this throat, and one alone is the size of an orange. The vet thinks it’s cancerous but because of the size and location of it, they will not touch it. Our vet’s words were “it would be like kicking a hornet’s nest”. On top of that, he has a skin tumor on his back. We have switched his food a couple of times in the past year, and at one point, his skin tumor, which at one point was protruding about an inch above his skin, had almost completely disappeared. He was doing great – feeling better and he stopped vomiting regularly.
Well, the vomiting is back and it’s worse than ever. Seems like almost everything he eats, he throws up. He’s down another pound, which is now 12 lbs he has lost.
So, we were on the hunt for another food that he would at least be able to keep down. Last month I introduced you to a new food called AvoDerm.
We received Adult Duck Recipe, and Small Breed Lamb Recipe from the AvoDerm Revolving Menu. Our food was mailed to us, but you may be able to find it at your local pet supply stores, such as PetSmart. If you can’t find it, you can check out their store locator to see where it is sold in your area. Or, you can always purchase AvoDerm directly through their website.
AvoDerm is available in dog and cat food, by the way!
So far, I’ve only opened the Duck Recipe, as I thought that would be his favorite. They all love anything duck.
Sammy was very curious about his new food. At first, he just stood there looking at the bags.
But then I told him it was ok to eat the food, and he dove right into the bowl to try his new food.
And you know what? He didn’t even come up for air! He loved this food. AvoDerm has Avocados in it, and they contain so many health benefits.
- Avocados are a nutrient rich SuperFood.
- Avocados are a nutrient booster that helps pets absorb more of the nutrients they need.
- Avocados are rich in heart healthy fats and omega 3&6 fatty acids.
- Avocados are packed with antioxidants and nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including vitamins A, C, E & B6 for overall health.
- Helps minimize the risk of food sensitivities by varying proteins.
- Switch proteins with stomach/digestive upset (duck today, lamb tomorrow!).
- Grain Free, Gluten Free.
- A limited ingredient list to help further minimize sensitivities.
- Meat Protein as the first ingredient.
- No white potatoes or fillers.
- Available in smaller sized kibble for little dogs as well!
So if you have a dog with a sensitive stomach, or you are just looking for a really healthy dog food that contains to many different benefits for your dog’s overall healthy, you may want to give AvoDerm a try.